Saturday, August 12, 2006

Adventures of the wild

The count down of my next adventure is down to 6 days!

Next Saturday, I'll be exploring the wilds of the Borneo jungle heading towards the wonders of Mulu Caves. It's exciting as I've heard good reviews about Mulu from friends who have made the trip there.

Suddenly it hit me last week, that I am no where near being physically fit to face that tropical challenge. I've not been going to any gym since May when I moved to Miri. Since then, I've only had a few chances to go for a jog or two in the park or Piasau Garden, and a class or two of aerobics.

Uh-huh, the company gets an aerobics instructor in every Mondays and Thursdays for a workout session for employees in one of our facilities hall! It's a really good gesture by the company to uphold work-life balance for its employees. Sadly though, the quality of the aerobics instructors here (apparently from the best fitness center in Miri) are nowhere close to Fitness First's instructors. But it'll do for a little sweating session, if you aren't too fussy.

For fear that I will be totally knocked out ("KO") during the jungle trek next weekend, I am in a frantic haste to get my stamina up to a reasonable level. But in 1 weeks time? Hahaha, fat hopes, ya?

Last minute or not, I'd better try lah...

4 comments:

Mia said...

yeah.. get your stamina up girl or you will be panting like a dog when u are there... anyway... enjoy.. it can't be that bad!

Phoenix Heart said...

well, its a 4 to 5 -hour trek in the jungle...not sure if I can last 2-3!

Mia said...

of course you can.... don't worry but please go for the monday and thurs aerobs.. it will help.. hey ! I got 3 mths free membership with Fitness First....ke ke

Biow said...

wah.. i sure KO-ed one!! watch out for leeches.. YIKES!