Friday, May 19, 2006

Work Hard, Play Hard

Today is officially "Work Hard, Play Hard" day in my company....unofficially, it's called "relax & lepak" day for everyone in the office. It falls on the 3rd Friday of every month. So everyone is like working for the first half of the day only.

Wow! This company is really serious when it says that it upholds the "Work-Life Balance" motto.

So there are two activities in the afternoon today, bowling and a woman-networking session on embroidery.

I'm going for the embroidery session...not that I'm such an "embroidery" person, but going more for networking purposes, to meet new people. Besides, apparently, this lady giving the demo on embroidery, has a fantastic sewing machine which can produce professional looking embroideries effortlessly.

Ok, so it's embroidery...

This morning, we had our monthly "team learning" session on work and non-work topics. The non-work related topic this morning was "Will Writing", which was presented by a representative speaker from Rockwills. It was interesting and enlightening as she answered numerous queries from the floor, about the dos and don'ts, about how the distribution of estate works in the absence of a will, and on specific scenarios brought up the audience.

This has been a pretty interesting 2-weeks in Miri so far.

What am I going to spend my time on this weekend? Beats me!

Saving that 2-hours each day travelling on the road makes a heck lot of difference! Those of you who always wish that they could get quality life with more quality time with their families? You don't have to wait so long, or go so far as to migrate to another country...You can get just that right here in Miri! If you are lucky enough to get attached to the right company which pays you well enough?

I rest my case...

3 comments:

Biow said...

wow.. so nice.. no wonder my aunty worked from 17/18yo until now!! shd be late 40s/early 50s now?

glad that u'r loving it!

Mia said...

I say.. so interesting wan.... you in embroidery class.... haa haa haa heee he hee hoo hooo hoo..ka ka kee ke .. that is farnee!

Anyway, the staying near the workplace... itu dia why Chris dunwan to move away from the train station...

Phoenix Heart said...

Biow,
Ya, so far I like the culture. Very different, but politics still exist unfortunately (so I hear). That can't be avoided, wherever u r, I guess...

Ame,
Very farnee, hor? me in embroidery class, when nothing I own has any embroidery on it! well, maybe I'll develop the interest? yea, right!

but the machine...wow! cost RM20k, and very canggih indeed, all computerised ler...