Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Seashells

It's been almost a month since I started work here at my new place, and so far, I find it to be a wonderful place to live a quality lifestyle...but I do miss a little bit of the huge choices of shopping in a hypermarket. Apart from that, it's great!

Saving 2 hours in a day of travelling to and from work is terrific! I get to go and do my shopping after work and get dinner, then get back home for a hot shower, and still have time for tv and a few chapters of my fairytale book before bedtime. The night seems longer here, perhaps because we start off the day earlier as the sun rises and sets earlier too.

Today, the seashells got turned over by the tide.

Our Finance director, Mike, announced that my immediate boss will be leaving end of this year for a cross-posting at a yet-to-be-determined place. His replacement, will be my ex-boss, Andy, whom I had worked for approximately 5 years ago. Back then, I was reporting to my manager who reported to him.

Several years have gone past, so I hope Andy hasn't changed his management style, as much as he had changed his viewpoint about family, spirituality and people.

Only recently did I realise how complicated his personal life was a few years ago. Instinctively, I did feel he was calling out for "help" back then, but I could not be sure and did not pursue it as I didn't want to seem "nosy". However, I am glad that somehow, he has managed to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel, and is now pretty much back on his feet.

Hence, I look forward to an exciting 2-year stint with Andy again come this September. This time, I am sure things will be much more exciting than it was back then, as we are both now part of the oil drilling operations, not just an accounting servicing center for processing transactions (yuck!).

My current boss is a tough man, so he deals with our Partners fabulously well, as he bull-dozes his convincing recommendations. Andy has a completely different style, more soft-spoken and less "rough". Perhaps that is where I can render my services? ...to help him bull-doze our way through consistently(*haha*). We'll see...

Anyhow, I welcome a familiar face in my new career challenge in an otherwise foreign land. Besides, he has grown to be more than just an ex-boss these last few months. He has become a friend to me, someone I can confide in and trust; and also a mentor, someone who is armed with advice and a helping hand.

Here's to another enjoyable and succesful journey!

Oh, gotta go be on my move now. I tumpang someone, so no choice. My kereta only coming end of this month!

%^$#&* takes a freakin' 1 month to ship my things coz they "missed the last vessel"...what the...

oh well...


2 comments:

Biow said...

yay!! so happy for u.. glad that it's all exciting.. so, u pindah out from the hotel alreadie?

Mia said...

Oh gosh... they missed the vessel... oh well..what to do? But scream... he he

Andy sounds interesting... then again.... all your people sounds interesting.. I think it's the way you portray them.