Monday, July 16, 2007

Fire!...in my heart

This is for my man:

The sun shone in my eyes. I could barely see anyone in the blazing sun while shading my eyes with my hand.

We were gathered at the assembly point in the carpark, during a fire alarm.

I moved to a shaded spot, and as I looked up, there he was standing not far away from me in his checkered short-sleeved shirt.


I gestured him over, and we struck up a conversation.

I had chanced upon this gentleman a few days ago, in the corridors of my workplace. Little did I know then, how significant a role he would be in my life soon.


He is the last perfect gentleman (as he so aptly puts it); sweet, kind, thoughtful and decent. Today, I am learning about the chapters of his life as the pages turn, and I want him to read the chapters of my life too.

In time, I hope we will be writing chapters of our own...

6 comments:

Biow said...

*awwww*.. choking with emotions.. you go girl!

Spot said...

Hi Last Perfect Gentleman!

Spot waves.

Unless he doesnt know about this blog...

Spot embarassedly stops waving.

Phoenix Heart said...

yup, he doesnt know abt this blog :)

This is my like my diary...

But I emailed him this short memoir, dedicated to him ;)

He planned a surprise trip to Miri this weekend

But I had to spoil the surprise coz some friends are coming too, and I didnt tell him earlier.

His friend bluffed me, asked me to change my plans coz I gotta help him with his pregnant cousin, due for delivery...crazy friend, but well-intentioned :)

Spot said...

Well I sure hope you changed your plans!!

Phoenix Heart said...

Yes I did change my plans.

But today, we had our first "unhappy" moment.

Dont need details here, but makes me feel like I dont want him to come tomorrow.

And yet...I do...

Mia said...

If he is anything like me..... short fused but loves madly.. it will be fine! Just remember...."don't like that lah".