Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Upset! (update)

My boss finally spoke to me yesterday, after 2 whole weeks of silence, and two reluctant stretch of his lips (with a "humph" sound) when I attempted two "Hi!"-s and flashed him my irresistably contagious (or so I thought) smile during that period...my effort to warm-up the terribly cold situation but in vain.

On Monday night, he sent me a mail asking me to see him on Tuesday morning, telling me that he was going off to Manila on another business trip on Wednesday, therefore he wouldn't be able to say goodbye on Friday, my last day here.

This time, reality has sunk in, and he knew he had to accept my decision and be a big boy about.

Behind closed doors, after I ran through with him the handover notes I had prepared earlier, he again repeated that he was disappointed with me and that I probably already know that (how not to know, when he's telling me like the 3rd time AND also repeating it to my staff). However, he seemed sincere when wishing me all the best, and even gave me some "tips" about what I should do or bring along when I relocated.

I told him that I would be going over-the-sea (heh heh). Nevertheless, it is a foreign land to me, with people of a slightly different culture.

In any case, I am glad that my boss finally simmered down, and has come to terms with my decision to move on.

He, on the other hand, is still trying to find his sense of direction (in this group of companies or elsewhere), an effort I sincerely wish all the best to him.

No comments: