Monday, April 03, 2006

A New Adventure Awaits

My anxiety of embarking on a whole new adventure, of starting over a whole new life, is becoming significantly stronger as the days go by.

My sleep at nights are not sound, my mind active with the list of things to do or buy for my current house, so that I can quickly settle in these next three weeks, before I begin to pack for my inevitable relocation to Miri in early May.

I was hopeful for my friend, who had gone there for an interview just two weeks ago, to make it there with me. Together with a friend, we could conquer any new challenges the new job and new life presented us. Sadly, just this morning, I received the upsetting news from my friend via email that she had failed the interview.

What happened?

I had thought that she would have fared well, as she had thought the interview went fairly smoothly. Perhaps she was not meant for this job after all, as I always believe that things will work out the way it is meant to happen. Your own karma will lead you to the unfolding of your eventual future. Cause and effect.

This morning, she does not want to take my call, nor is she replying to my email, as I wish to get more information of when she knew of the result of her interview, and whether she know which part it is that they felt she didn't fit. She wrote in her email that perhaps it is a blessing in disguise for her that she failed the interview, as she is hesitant to leave her family behind. However, she was really excited when she was there for the interview...

Perhaps, it is also my own karma that has determined that I try this challenge on my own two feet.

In any case, I hope that I will be able to fit in there easily, and find many, many new good friends and colleagues there, with a good boss to top it of. The most important, I hope that my mom will be able to adjust to this new arrangement fairly quickly and easily. That, to me, means half the battle is won.

Wish me luck, k? ;)

2 comments:

Biow said...

u can do this.. no venture no gain.. :).. if anything, u can always come back.

Phoenix Heart said...

Thanks Biow.

I hope so too...now I dunno how to deal with my release date.

Am still fuming abt my boss' unwillingness to release me as per my request...such an a**hole!