Friday, February 17, 2006

Flame of Hope

Just yesterday, I decided to do something about my Val's day "ungift" after much proding from my friends. I called my ex-boss (who was one of the interviewers) yesterday to find out more about the "offer". Unfortunately, he was away in China, and I thought it would be painfully expensive for him to take a roaming call and chat for...I don't know how long I was gonna take! No, no, told him that I would speak with him when he comes back here to M'sia.
So this morning, he called me and I had a good chat with him, not long maybe about 10-15 minutes or so, but a fruitful one. He wasn't aware of what they were offering me, and acknowledged that they did not ask me what my current package is during my interview. In view of this, he said that he will arrange for a telecon some time next week, to explain to me the job function as well as to discuss the remuneration.
My heart is going pitapap-pitapup right now, excited again after the sore disappointed just days ago. I don't know how the telecon will turn out, but whatever happens, it's up to my fate to determine. My karma.
So once again, I am in this roller-coaster of emotions, with the possibility of experiencing an adventure to work in a whole new place with vast opportunities...while at the same time, the thought of it also scares the sh*t out of me.
What if I hate it there? What if I hate the work, or can't get along with my boss? What if I can't find good friends there? What if I end up being very lonely & depressed? OMG, my thoughts are getting too wild...no lar, that won't happen. I will be fine, I will like my new job & my new boss...I will make new friends. Oh, if only I can truly convince myself thoroughly that that is what's gonna happen for sure.

Nevertheless, my flame of hope has been re-ignited...

1 comment:

Spot said...

Yay, I get to be the first to welcome you to blogging.

As snowdrop (you'll know who she is from my site) says about our hope that we'll get the cheapest airfare to Rome - must also ikat tocang...since must cross everything crossable mah. Fingers, toes, legs, arms, hair....