Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Busy, busy Saturday

Last weekend was one of the busiest I have ever encountered.

SATURDAY, 18 Mar 2006
As usual, Saturday morning was wasted in the office. By the time it was time to leave the office, more than half of the day had gone by. Well, at least I would be having my Saturdays back soon, though I may be mostly spending it far away in Miri, but sometimes in KL or Melaka (haven't figured out how to get back to Melaka yet without a car!).

In the LRT, on my way back from office to my place in USJ, my handphone rang and was informed by the maid agency that my maid has already been dropped off at my house! It was 1.30pm, and our appointment was for 2pm. That was really good, she was there early.

By the time I got back home, the maid had already started her work (clever girl, had initiative), while the contractors were doing all the last minute touchups. In the process, they found out that the piping in the bathroom wall was leaking, as the paint just refused to stick on to the wall...looks like I may have to fork out at least another RM3-4k to hack the walls, fix the piping and replace the tiles! Not to mention that this is gonna make a real mess in my house..again, AFTER I've moved in! *Sigh*

At this point in time, at least I have minimal furniture at the moment (can't afford to buy any at the moment, as I am completely broke!), so the mess should be bearable, I guess...I hope.

Together with the maid, we cleaned away until her time was up i.e. 6pm while the contractors were busy drilling, knocking & painting (but she didnt manage to finish). In between, I had to go run errands a few times to buy some stuff for the contractors. After the maid left, I continued to clean until 9pm on my own. By the time I was done, I was almost half dead, exhausted, thirsty and hungry.

After a nice, hot shower on my brand new water heater, I had to rush back to my rented room in PJ Old Town to pack my clothes to bring along for my Miri trip the next morning. I had to rush back, because I was supposed to meet up a friend (my 1st ex-boyfriend, to be precise) for a drink in SS2 that night at 9.30pm.

I was late, of coz, since I left my place in USJ at 9pm++. Got back to my room, chucked some wearable clothes into my backpack, threw in some toiletries and necessities, then wa-lah! I am off to SS2 to meet my buddy.

I tucked in at my friend's place (who was going to Miri with me coincidentally, for an interview) by 1.30am, exhausted.

The other half of the weekend, Sunday, was spent in Miri...but that's another story :)

3 comments:

Mia said...

you moved in already? You've got a maid.. a part time one? Eh! I also wan. And you had a drink with your 1st ex-bf.... I thought he not around.. how did you get him to go out? He he terror you!
You free this weekend for a lunch on Sunday??

Phoenix Heart said...

ooh, u left your first comment on my blog :) thanks

i didnt "get him to go out" lar, what for? married men not much use to me leh, hehehe. He was the one who wanted to meet up.

u want fon no of maid agency? i cant give.

busy moving this weekend wor...

Phoenix Heart said...

sorry, i meant i "can" give u the maid agency number, hehe