Saturday, March 04, 2006

Privacy and the likes of it

It amazes me how prying some people can be, the extent they would go to just to kill that curiosity cat of theirs.

Can you believe it that one of these prying nuisance is my current boss? Yes, indeed he is extremely prying. AND he talks too much. What a ghastly combination, isn't it?

He tries to dig out information from you, and then he goes and casually blurt it out to someone else. And thereafter, when a rumour starts, he looks for a scapegoat to put the blame on. *Sigh* Doesn't he have anything better to do?

I am one who guard my privacy, very much. I hate it when people try to dig information out of me, or even "share" information with me and then add "but don't tell this to anyone else". What the....?

A friend of mine just commented how "unfriendly" my neighbours would think I am, as I built a wall around the compound of my new house...a pretty high one too. It's just that I really detest neighbours who peek over the fencing to see what you've been up to. It's the same feeling I get when I am reading a book or newspaper on the LRT and someone beside me peek over my shoulders to "read" as well. Come on, get your own book/newspaper!

It's probably because of the working environment I've been exposed to all these years. Experience has taught me to be guarded about who I trust, and what I tell people. Cynical? Skeptical? Well, it's better that than being sorry later!

Private, and yet at the same time, I have loads of friends ("real" friends) from all walks of life. Some have been my friends for years all the way back from the school days. And then, there are some I found during my university days, and many I found during my working days i.e. colleagues, clients, third parties whom I've liased with during projects, and even bosses. So although private in nature, I like meeting people and "discovering" the insides of these people, and cherish those who turn out to be my real friends.

Introvert? Nope, I don't seem to portray like I'm one. Extrovert? Not exactly either. I'm friendly, yet private. Ah, maybe being a Gemini explains the split personalities...?

;)

2 comments:

Biow said...

aiya.. i'm one who loves to look over someone's newspaper.. *blush*

Phoenix Heart said...

Hah! Biow, you are one of those culprits then. BYO lar :)