Thursday, March 16, 2006

Of Medical Checkups and Blood Pressure(BP)

Finally went for my medical checkup follow-up this morning.

My, didnt my heart beat with all it's might, just AFTER my name was called to go into the doc's room.

Wah, I think the doc knew that THIS time, that wasn't my real pressure reading at all...coz if it was, I would have died of a heart attack long ago! So much so that she quizically asked me why I was so nervous, then asked me to sit awhile & relax while she did other stuff like going through her other patient's files.

She even got me a glass of warm water when I asked for it :) and gave me a brochure to read (which i finished reading within a minute!)...so I had to look at the pictures and even read the fine print to kill time while trying to calm my nerves!

No good. She took another 3 readings, which I believe, must have had some improvement compared to the first reading, but not good enough. She asked if I am generally a nervous person, and I said yes, when it comes to doctors...

Generally, I avoid having to go to the doc's unless I am ill until almost half dead...even then, I sometimes go just to get the MC to go home & sleep without taking the medication given. Well, I believe that my antibody must do its duty and cure me eventually.

Funny that I have no fear of the dentist at all, not even the grinding feel & sound of a tooth being filled. Err, but the needles, don't come near me...So I normally do my fillings without any jab. Havent had to remove my wisdom tooth yet, so I can still escape the needle!

Well, the HR from Miri contacted me today to ask for my medical checkup results and the immigration forms together with some other documents they require to apply for my work permit (which I didn't know I had to mail to her).

Told her about my blood pressure result last Sat, and that the doc asked me to come back for a re-test, which unfortunately didn't show any improvement.

I asked her if having a higher BP would be a problem, and she said "no, not at all".

Well, my heart and chest breathed a sigh of relief to hear that, and calmed down thereafter. I dearly hope she is right...

So, my spirits are up again, until I hear otherwise from them.

But geez, my heart was really doing disco beats this morning! Didnt know I could be SUCH a nervous wreck...

3 comments:

Biow said...

heh.. u'r like me.. go see doc get MC and then chuck the med one side and let my body do the work.. oh boy.. i hate swallowing any pills man.. but where dentists are concern, i'm definitely more afraid of dentist than a doc..

mabbe need to eat celery.. seems that it helps in lowering blood pressure.. dunno how true though..

Spot said...

you've been a nervous wreck since it all started! :)

have a good trip this weekend and try to relax.

Phoenix Heart said...

Ok, thanks.

The clinic I went to is so reluctant to let me take my own medical report to bring it to Miri, altho Miri HR has asked them to seal it in an envelope & pass to me(faster mah).

Clinic said, it's not the practice (for Shell KL, which they are panel to) & they want to send it via Shell KL to send to Shell Miri (god, such a long process!) as they afraid they'll get in trouble. So altho this will delay the process another few days, no choice lar. Even the HR woman is upset, but we both can't do anything...geez, they're not even panel for Shell Miri! Ok lar, so it's "procedures"...*sigh*

How to not get anxious & be a nervous wreck like that?!