Monday, March 06, 2006

Happy & Excited for a Friend

Yesterday morning, I received a call from a friend. She sounded pretty excited when she asked me when I would be moving to Miri. Of course, there is no fixed date yet, as the process is pending my medical checkup clearance as well as the work permit approval. Thus, I have not even tendered my resignation yet until these 2 matters have been sorted out...just in case.

Then she broke her exciting news...Shell called her for an interview! She received the call last Tues or so, and she will be going over to Miri for an interview some time in mid March next week. I was excited for her too, as I had recommended her cv to my ex-boss not too long ago. I was beginning to think that he wasn't interested after looking at her cv, as they hadn't call her since then (after about a month).

This is a friend whom I had worked with before back in the good ol' Coopers & Lybrand audit days. She is an intelligent woman, is a couple of years my senior, and had good working attitude to complete tasks responsibly and efficiently. As a friend, she is a good listener, but sometimes, she is just so "into" her work or her family's business, that you can hardly get her to have dinner with you!

Recommending someone is always a "reputation-risking" move. If you have no idea how a person works, then no matter how good or close that friend is, I dare not recommend him/her to anyone for employment.

My friend has tried to move on from her current company for awhile, but so far, she has not been successful. I dearly hope that she fares well in her upcoming interview (it's a pretty tough interview, trust me!). If she makes it through, then I will have a friend with me in Miri, yay! AND this will be such a good move for her, and for me too! :)

Oooo, am so happy and excited for her. The rest of it is up to her...

1 comment:

Debz said...

hi, just to let you know i'm reading your blog now.