Thursday, March 09, 2006

Cough, Sleep-deprivation and Things-To-Do

My cough has yet to subside...and it's been depriving me of a few good night's sleep!

I was practically dozing off right in front of my PC just now...so I had to whizz off to the restroom, locked myself up in there & sit on the toilet bowl leaning against the wall to catch a wink (the toilet is always spick & span, luckily).

I learnt this trick from an ex-colleague during my audit days when we burnt the midnight oil almost every single night for a continuous 5-6 months. It's not nice being caught sleeping in front of your PC at work, yet your eyelids just can't keep themselves open. So it's good to just get a "Power nap" in the loo, and you'll be as good as new in 10 minutes.

In the midst of my coughing bout, I've got so many things to do, with so little time to spare.

My house renovation is almost at its end, with about 20% more work to be done only. It should be ready by next weekend, so I've got to go and buy the lights to fix them up this weekend. I've also got to go to Ikea to purchase the kitchen cabinets and water heater and air-cond, and then take a day's leave to observe the installation. I've also got to purchase beds (the only furniture I can afford right now) so that there's a proper place to sleep when I do move in.

I have to take leave this Saturday to settle my medical checkup, and then proceed to meet the wireman to fix my lights for the rest of Saturday afternoon.

Then, I've also got to take another day's leave for me to go to Miri (again) with my friend who will be going there for her interview (yay! I hope she makes it through with flying colours). This time it's for me to look-see the town and get a feel of a "usual day in Miri", and maybe even check out the properties for rent to get a feel of the market rental rate. This will prepare me better when I actually physically relocate there, some time in May. Unfortunately, I will be bearing the cost of the airfare myself this time around, which unfortunately again, is higher than the usual rate as we will be going on the last weekend of the school holidays! *boo-hoo-hoo*

All the packing from my current rented abode has not even begun! Let alone the packing for the relocation to Miri.

Oh my goodness, I have GOT to keep calm & organised.

Well, have to chao now to go purchase those lights I'll need this Saturday...wow! really burning a hole in my pocket :(

4 comments:

Biow said...

take one step at a time.. how long will u be in miri? one day?

Spot said...

I've tried to doze on the loo before...so difficult! Champ. My college provided sick rooms for students to go if they were unwell. I would pretend to be sick and go for a snooze. Got bed!!

Hey, got MATTTA fair soon...maybe can get cheap Miri ticket?

I'm sure you have a list of all these To-Do things. That's organised what. And as you tick tick tick the items off, that shd give you a good sense of achievement. And hopefully calm you.

Phoenix Heart said...

Biow, Going there for 2days 1 nite only, just to check out the place. Should be enough time, place aint very big :)

Spot, Aha, dozing off in the loo requires skills! Here no sick room lar...

Can't wait for MATTA fair, am set to go next Sun! For the actual relocation day, all costs are paid for (one-way ticket) :)

Ya, I know I need a checklist, but I am always v lazy to do one up. Will try, will try.

Brian said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Brian