Monday, March 27, 2006

Throwing in the Towel

It's been 3 weeks since The Offer was finalised, and today, I STILL have not thrown in the towel!

Why?

Because my future boss called me this morning to discuss about the start date, and the payment of salary-in-lieu-of-notice. Somehow, he had the idea that my notice period has been negotiated to 1 month, that my company would waive the remaining 2 months...I haven't even breathed a word of my intention to leave my present company to anyone here. They keep telling me to wait for their green light to tender, so don't ask me how he got that idea.

As such, he asked me to wait for them to revert to me on the arrangements on their side, before I threw in the towel.

My letters are waiting in my drawer...if they don't get back to me by today, I would have to reprint them as I need to current date it.

I came in early this morning so that I can print out the letters in privacy before other people came in to the office. Now I gotta hold my horses...


Update 5.20pm:
Confirmed that I have to re-print my letters...*sigh* woke up at freakin' 6.20am for nothin'!

Now I am darn sleepy, had to go catch a wink in the toilet!


Latest update 28 March 2006 10a.m.:
I've just received the green light to put in my resignation...so here goes. I'm waiting for my boss to be available for a "chat". Wish me luck, I hope it goes well.

Don't intend to step on anybody's toes in the process...it's a small corporate world, so I try not to burn any bridges along the way. You never know when your paths will cross again some time in the future...

2 comments:

Mia said...

Alamak... so long wan. I thought sud have tendered by now. Where is your joy man? Sometime soon!

Biow said...

hopefully u can do so by tmr.